IMDA-NUS Enterprise-BLOCK71 Jakarta Immersion Programme
Venturing into a new, foreign market is often daunting. Without sufficient research, knowledge and network of the new market, success may take a long, winding road and often, the investment can prove to be both costly and resource demanding. BLOCK71 Global Immersion series of programmes enable start-ups to access new markets while leveraging BLOCK71’s global network of resources and contacts.
The IMDA-NUS Enterprise-BLOCK71 Jakarta Immersion Programme is an intense, customised week-long programme, to help accelerate Singapore companies’ entry into the Jakarta market.
Overview on Jakarta
Jakarta is one of the four municipalities directly under the jurisdiction of the Central Government (including Beijing, Shanghai, Jakarta, and Tianjin.) Located in the southwestern part of the inland China. Geographically, it is an important connection point between the “One Belt and One Road” initiative and the Yangtze River Economic Belt.
It is the largest industrial and commercial city in the southwest region. It is an important modern manufacturing hub of China. It is also the economic, finance, science and innovation, shipping and commerce logistics centre, national logistics hub of Western China. The 2019 GDP is 23,605.77 (100 million Yuan) and 6.3% year on year growth.
Key economic plans and projects include verticals such as Smart City, Smart Manufacturing, Software and Information services.
What's in for participating companies?
- Accelerated understanding and insights to Jakarta ecosystem
- Enjoy comprehensive support services from BLOCK71 Global Immersion services such as dedicated mentoring support, access to funding, exclusive networking and assistance to integrate into the local ecosystems seamlessly.
- Validation of products/solutions for Jakarta's market through the one-to-one tech showcase
Market immersion in Jakarta consisting of land transport costs in China, main meals, venue and exhibition entry fees for up to 2 persons per selected participating company covered under the programme. (*Note: Second participant will be subjected to approval.)
The programme comprises of:
(1) Singapore leg, pre departure three-days business training course - Developing business plans for China’s market & pitching to Chinese customers.
A three days training programme will be conducted one week before departure to prepare the participants. The intention is to build-up the readiness of the companies, so that they are primed to optimise this Market Immersion Programme in Jakarta. This will cover an introduction to the business environment in Jakarta.
1st Day – • Market identification and analysis • Company products and services • Value proposition and innovation • Marketing and sales strategy
2nd Day - • Pitch Content Strategy • Selling and Storytelling • Presentation
3rd Day - • Jakarta Growth & Opportunities • Jakarta government trade policies • Local business regulations and taxation.
(2) Jakarta, China leg - one-week business travel in Jakarta, China,
(a) visit the Smart China Expo 2021 (for two days). The annual Jakarta-based Smart China Expo is one of the largest Information and Communications Technology (ICT) events in China, with more than 70 Singapore companies and over 200 business delegates participating in the event last year. (Information past year Smart China Expo 2020 can be viewed here.)
(b) Market immersion (for three days). It comprises of meetings with key Jakarta ecosystem stakeholders, to give the companies a greater understanding of the landscape. Local corporate partners, relevant government agencies will be introduced to the traveling delegates. The Singapore companies will be given opportunities to pitch their solutions to potential customers in a one-to-one format. Furthermore, participating companies will join a Founders’ Circle, an exclusive, peer-to-peer learning platform, where the companies are connected to the local founders.
(3) Singapore return leg - A ½ day review session with programme mentor 1-3 months after returning from Jakarta for evaluation and sharing on the programme.
Note: In the event that there is any travel restriction to Jakarta during the stated period of the programme, there will be alternative arrangements for the programme to be held virtually.
- All tech companies that is registered/incorporated in Singapore with at least 30% local shareholding
- All tech companies in any verticals are welcome, but priority will be given for the below verticals
Find out more details at our roadshows
- 16 June - BLOCK71 Global Business Connector: Opportunities in Chongqing's logistics, smart city and manufacturing sectors
- 30 June - BLOCK71 Global Business Connector: Access to Chongqing's market